The Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is situated on the Western Coast of the Indian Continent. This territory with the geographical compactness comprises of two pockets viz. Dadra of three villages and Nagar Haveli consisting of 71 Villages and one town. It is surrounded by Valsad District (Gujarat State) in West North and East, and Thane District (Maharashtra State) in South and South-East. The area of the territory is 491 sq. kms. having 71 villages and 1 town divided into ten Administrative patellads. Silvassa town, the Capital of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, is at a distance of about 17 kms. form Vapi and about 12 kms. Bhilad Railway Stations respectively.
The Collector of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is the Head of all the departments of the administration. The territory is a single tier State cum District cum Taluka administration. The entire area is rural, 40% of which is covered by forests.
Following are some functions of UTLBC
- To discuss issues, consider alternative solutions to the various problems in the field of banking development and evolve consensus for coordinated action by the member institutions.
- To examine the inter-institutional coordination in the formulation and implementation of the Annual Credit Plans
- Confirming/ratifying the action initiated by the Steering Committee of UTLBC.
- To review Credit Deposit Ratio, Priority Sector Advances to Weaker Sections, financing of Minority Communities etc.
- Identifying major constraints impeding the development of the district’s economy and roping in appropriate agencies to take remedial measures. Formulation of Annual District Credit Plan and its implementation.
- To take up for consideration such issues as have been raised by the member banks and/or the District authorities and questions of inter-bank differences of views and approach remaining unresolved at the District Level Consultative Committees.
- To solve operational problems in implementations of Service Area Approach, Credit Plans, Government and other Agencies programmes, etc. to discuss about the availability of adequate infrastructural facilities, forward and backward linkages necessary for successful implementation of the schemes.
- To serve as a focal point for banking system in the state for securing better liaison with the State Government authorities.
- To undertake/entrust study of any specific problems in implementation of Lead Bank Scheme, Service Area Approach, Development Programmes, etc.